06 April 2011

Almost Ready For Summer!!

Yesterday I got a phone call from this crazy looking number. I was perplexed and almost did not answer the phone. I'm glad I did however because it was a call from the New York Times newsroom. A month ago I applied for the New York Times Student Journalism Institute. I applied a year ago as a sophomore and they told me I was too young and they give priority to juniors and seniors. Luckily, this did not discourage me. I applied again this year and I GOT IT!! The program is all expenses paid with a stipend to go to New Orleans for two weeks this summer and report on life their. I am so excited. I've only been to New Orleans once before in 2005, a week before Hurricane Katrina actually. Anyways, I will keep you guys posted. I'm almost ready for summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know how you feel... Please leave a comment.

xoxo
Krishana