14 October 2010

Quote of the Day

"Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great."
- Mark Twain






As I told you guys this is my mid-term week and I really thought that this a fitting quote for my life right now and many of yours. So many times people in our family, our friends, our associates, our bosses, colleagues, etc. will try to belittle our accomplishments and achievements. Never let someone make you feel like you are not worthy of the things that you have accomplished. I have had friends of mine making comments like "oh you think you're doing something now" or "oh you think you're a big shot". No, but clearly that is what you think. Nine times out of ten they have never done anything as great or significant as you have. I've never been the type of person so belittle anyone in my life, but so many times I feel like I am at the other end of the stick. And it is very true, the higher you climb up the ladder, the more people there will below you trying to pull you down. DON'T LET THEM!!

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is really cute ! I love that quote from Mark Twain too, really empowering, sometimes we need that in our lives to go forward despite the criticism :) Keep up the good work !

    http://mlletrendy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment, I'm now followin u :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krishana:)YES! You are right, I agree with you. People below us will always say things to discourage us. Thank you for sharing the quote with us:) You motivated me to keep on climbing the stairs:)
    xoxo,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete

I want to know how you feel... Please leave a comment.

xoxo
Krishana