25 August 2010

R.I.P Aaliyah

On August 25, 2001 singer Aaliyah Dana Haughton, along with eight others, was killed in a plane crash in the Bahamas.







I can actually almost remember this day like it was yesterday because I remember a friend of mine from elementary school called me and told me to turn on the news. I loved Aaliyah. She was one of the few R&B artist my mother actually let me listen to. Her sound was so different and unique. Her music can still be played to this day and still feel relevant. I remember I use to listen to her and Pink every morning on my way to summer camp. I even had two huge posters of her in my room when I was a little teeny bopper. She is one artist that will definitely be missed. In some ways I don't think the music game has been the same since her.






Here are two of my favorite songs of hers.





1 comment:

  1. her spirit was amazing and her songs are still relevant today. she is deeply missed :(

    missdeeplyrooted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I want to know how you feel... Please leave a comment.

xoxo
Krishana