16 August 2010

Give A Little, Get A Little

Lately, I have found life to be disheartening for one reason. There are so many things I want to do, but I am once again finding that I do not have the time to do everything. I planned a few things for this upcoming semester to get into, but I am finding that I may not be able to do everything I want because I definitely want to continue furthering my career.


It is true that you definitely must give a little to get a little. I figured if I give a little bit of my time now while I am in college and dedicate it to my career then I will be further along by the time I graduate and will not have a lot of trouble starting my career after college. However, the time it takes for me to invest in my future is causing me to have to rearrange things in my present. The whole situation kind of sucks. It is a part of growing up and I understand that. I rather be moderately unhappy now for that later in life gratification. My mentor told me that she and some friends from college made a pact to be retired by the age of 40. I believe she can do it because she's very put together and ahead of her game. She knows a lot about journalism and have a lot of connections. I would love to have the opportunity to retire by 40 and just maybe do some freelance work from time to time.


This past summer has really helped me to mature and realize what things are worth pursing in life. I just don't want to miss out on the things I really want to do in life. However, I know that writing will always make me happy regardless if it being a pastime or career. Essentially, I guess I will not mind sacrificing small dreams for my big ones like journalism.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Coming out of this summer I met so many people that inspire me and heard their story of how they became lawyers. I want so much to do some of the things that make me passionate about law, but in school I will be taking 5 classes, have 2 jobs, volunteer 3 times a week and am the president of 2 major organizations. I hope I don't lose my passion trying to do too much.

    Thanks for the food for thought!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know how you feel... Please leave a comment.

xoxo
Krishana