18 July 2010

Testimony

I know everyone in the world can't attest to my feelings or how I feel. One thing I can say about my life is that I am truly blessed. Neither of my parents have a college education , but yet they made up for like a two generation gap the way they pushed me. My mom and dad have ALWAYS been my biggest supporters. They would do anything in the world for and go to the depths of the earth to save me. 


My parents pushed me to the point that I basically go to college free with little out of pocket expense. I can go to school and not worry about having to work. People use to always tease me and say that my mom was too strict on me or too hard. But look where I am. And where are those individuals? Not even half as close. Their love and support allowed to me pursue a lot of dreams and goals.


After the way my parents raised me, I know that I want to be able to give my children the best of the best. I want them to have the best education, the best opportunities, the best resources. Granted everything in life was not handed to be, just like I don't everything in life to be handed to my kids. But all the same, I want to be able to give them everything I had/have and more. I mean I swear my parents gave me everything, and the funny thing about it is that my mom found a million free programs to put me in. I took acting lessons, swimming lessons, karate, dance classes (ballet, tap, jazz, and modern), figure skating lessons, writing workshops, etc. Anything you can think of I probably did it. I know that there are so many kids in the world that didn't have half of the family support I had or half the things I had.


I have so much respect for my family and my parents. They didn't have a lot. They didn't have the best. But they did their best to ensure that I did. I swear I wanted to be able to do that for my kids one day. I want to be able to let them choose freely their career paths and what they love to do, just like my parents did for me.


I don't even know how I can or will every repay my parents for the blessings they have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know how you feel... Please leave a comment.

xoxo
Krishana