11 June 2010

On the Field

Yesterday while I was interning I got an e-mail from the editor that told me that she wanted me to cover a story out in the field. A mayoral candidate was getting endorse by a huge company and they wanted me to cover it.

My heart dropped.

I mean like yeah I've covered events and done reporting, but it was mostly on campus stuff. NOT REAL WORLD. I was so excited and nervous and scared all at the same time. But I knew what I had to do so I packed up my things, got on the bus, and headed to the event.

That was probably one of the best experiences that I've ever had in my life. One good thing I love about my internship is on the first day we already had assignments. There was no hand holding and that's great because in a field like journalism there is no better way to learn than by doing.

So anyway, I will put up a link to the story once it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know how you feel... Please leave a comment.

xoxo
Krishana