13 June 2010

Art Must Be Beautiful


This is a piece by Marina Abramović, whose work I stumbled upon while surfing the web today. This is probably one on the deepest pieces I have seen in a long time. In doing some research of her work, she has very interesting and somewhat provocative and even warped way of looking at reality. As I look more into her she is definitely becoming my favorite artist.

This piece speaks to me on such a different level. It shows the societal pressures to live up to expectations. It shows a person's desires to be perfect until the point of unintentional suicide. A drive that could kill you. The need to fit in, to be perfect, to live up to expectations. It reminds me of the saying you will get something by any means necessary. I absolutely love this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know how you feel... Please leave a comment.

xoxo
Krishana