28 April 2010

Karma.... Irony... Whatever.... I'll Take It


I was talking to my journalism professor
Allissa Richardson on Tuesday about what field of journalism I wanted to dabble in. As I told her about my love for fashion, politics, and op-ed pieces she immediately told me that I need to research journalist Robin Givhan because that is exactly the kind of work she does. I told my teacher that I would and proceeded on with my day.

Today I went to Barnes and Nobles and found a book by Teen Vogue highlighting important stylist, beauty experts, models, and editors in the field of journalism. I figured if I want to get involved in the field I ought to be knowledgeable about some of the important people in the field. So I was flipping through the pages of the book and guess who is featured as an editor? None other than fashion and culture editor/writer ROBIN GIVHAN.

My room mate always tells me that all things happen for a reason. Maybe this is my sign!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it might be! Knock 'em dead in DC this summer! Many interns end up with job offers!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know how you feel... Please leave a comment.

xoxo
Krishana