13 April 2010

Conclusions....



So I am at a point in my life where I feel like I am at a cross roads. But sadly I have yet to figure out what road I want to take. My 20th birthday is in like a month and a half and I am realizing that I will no longer be a teenager. I am an adult. An adult.... hmmm... with becoming an adult brings maturity, it also bring new outlooks on life. As I think about my actions, what I am doing and what I want to accomplish in life I have also been thinking about the people I surround myself with.

Lately, I have been feeling like I want to get to a level of comfortability and maturity with myself that small things no longer affect me. But now it seems that I have been experiencing more trials than ever. It seems like at every turn they is someone attempting to rip you down and make you feel incompetent because they themselves are not comfortable with the person they are. One thing I can say is that going into my twenties I am very comfortable with me. We all have flaws. That is a trait of being a human being, but it is how we deal with our flaws that makes us comfortable individuals. I have come to a point in my life where I love myself and the person I am. Of course I am always making adjustments and changes and trying to better myself, but I know that I love the person that I am regardless of how the outside world feels about me.

I feel like there are many thirty and even forty year old individuals in the world who still do not know who they are or what exactly they want to be. I don't want to be one of those people. I know your twenties are about self-discovery, my mom always tells me that, but somehow I cant help but wish it came a little bit faster.

1 comment:

  1. ‘Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous. But honestly, who are you to not be so?

    You are a child of God, small games do not work in this world. For those around us to feel peace, it is not example to make ourselves small. We were born to express the glory of god that lives in us. It is not in some of us, it is in all of us. While we allow our light to shine, we unconsciously give permission for others to do the same. When we liberate ourselves from our own fears, simply our presence may liberate others.’

    ReplyDelete

I want to know how you feel... Please leave a comment.

xoxo
Krishana