31 August 2009

The Looking Glass: Perception vs Reality


"People believe I am what they see Me as, rather than what they do not see. But I am the great unseen, not what I cause myself to be in any particular moment. In a sense, I am what I am not. It is from the Am-notness that I come, and to it I will always return." -Neale Donald Walsh


What we perceive and what someone's intent is can often be two totally different things. I have learned from my own personal experiences that you can not live your life for other people. You have to live for you and you alone. This means doing what makes you happy. If other people can not understand that or can not take you for who you are then they do not neccesarily need to be in your life. The world is about being open minded to al people from all walks of life. The world is about tolerance. So many people pre-judge or become close minded to things when in reality you want someone to be openminded towards you.


Because I grew up an only child I never really ever cared much what people thought of me or preceived about me. I know my intentions and I live my life according to me and what will make me happy. I will never live my life concerned about how people perceive me because I feel that when I am at the judgement gate all that will matter is my intentions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know how you feel... Please leave a comment.

xoxo
Krishana